Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Majesty and Delinquency

Font size I can never be too sentimental with my blog entries, so I decided to add one of Jeff Koons sculptures of huge obscene/lollipop balloons that leads to the new section of the Los Angeles County Museum. This addition of the museum hosts a feast of 60's art; very Southern Californian and indicative to the times when the art market first started commercializing. (Although Jeff Koons lives in NYC........?) Also, I am reading the new novel by James Frey - Bright Shiny Morning. It is a fat book but easy to get through and great contemporary fiction. He combines a lot of juicy narrative peppered with a vague history of Los Angeles. It is a combination of very good and very bad equal in description - very similar to our times.

One of my favorite times before sleep is reading by the Alaskan light. There are punctuations of chirpy birds and distant loons and the vague hum of the world falling asleep.






No comments: