Monday, January 18, 2010

my persona

After returning from India last week, I was thrown into the real world of confronting work, new art projects, skiing, a birthday - so much to do. This trip will take time for me to process and digest. When I review the photos from our trip I cannot imagine that I was at this place, this wondrous country, so foreign, bright and bleak at the same time.

With an active week-end in front of me, I fell seriously ill. I was struck down with the flu; a roaring fever, chills, etc, etc. I had never before felt or experienced this type of sickness. Ken panicked for a moment but with his science mind came to the conclusion that I would be okay. I stayed in bed for two days sweating it out. The third day, my strength returned; still with stomach upsets but I could finally read in bed and catch up on my New Yorkers.

Things change is a heartbeat. Being sick makes you realize how fortunate you are that you can get better again and will get back to the routine of things. And that is putting it mildly.

No comments: