Sunday, February 6, 2011

just a pretty picture

Just a Pretty Picture is a diptych, oil on canvas, is 40" x 90" and was completed in 2011. The left side of the canvas was done during the summer and then I added the right panel a few weeks ago. My exhibition titled Ends and Beginnings of Paintings opens at MTS Gallery in Mountain View on February 18, 2011. It will be a show of studies on the figure; fleeting impressions, half organized shapes dotted with some design work, completed forms too and some peppered with graphite scrawls, nature bits, and paint. Painting is what I do best but often I veer off this trail and do other alternative medias such as documenting my travels and mixed media works which are a relief between my painting practice inducing sculptural textures. I will also be showing a video titled Fall to Dark, music composed by my good friend who lives in Los Angeles, Drew Lesso. This is an abstract wandering piece, quirky and charged with absurdity.

No comments: