Tuesday, March 26, 2013

second half of painted ladies

Angry Lady, paint and oil stick on canvas, 35" x 30", 2013
The second half of this blog features more paintings on the figure.  Below,  Matisse's half  is my favorite.  I love Matisse, his colors and his stories or interiors of inside the frame of the picture.  Matisse was a great colorist and rival of Picasso.  While Picasso had a strong edge, Matisse felt that you should look at his work easily, like sitting in an armchair while enjoying the painting.  Going forward, I will be studying interiors to put my new figures into a story or narrative.
Matisse's half, paint and oil stick on canvas, 35" x 30", 2013
Clown Dancer is another work done rigorously.  I am greatly inspired and very energetic while making these works as this is a new body of artwork and the newness invigorates me.  At other times, I have difficulty of what to paint, what to say or if I have anything important to express at all!  This is usually an artist's dilemma and I often struggle with this happening.
Clown Dancer, paint and oil stick on canvas, 30" x 30", 2013
The bottom work titled A study of two is a continuation of more of these works.  Am looking forward to making more messages and putting these figures in a landscape.  At this moment, they are solitary and effective, hoping these paintings can stand on their own.
A study of two, paint and oil stick on canvas, 35" x 30", 2013

No comments: