Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Obama - the ticket, you betcha

I just finished watching the half an hour program that Obama aired on the seven channels. Needless to say, I was impressed by the alternative scenes that played, the down to earth reality of happenings shown in America; real families and their struggles, jobs and pensions lost, immigrants and the heart of America. Obama can be the thread that connects everyone in this country.

The other day I was having lunch with some elementary educators and one teacher expressed that she was voting for the McCain ticket because Palin was Alaskan and she was Alaskan. I verbally exploded and said "I don't believe it! Anyone except McCain. His politics are old politics and they do not fit with the 21st century." Of course I completed the total faux pas and was glared at for a good few minutes. I promptly left but felt deliciously happy that I expressed myself openly and honestly. It is not the time to regress!

I think if Obama gets elected, America will be looked upon as finally growing up. We need him and we need this change. Lately, I have been feeling very happy because maybe next week this country will turn paths, turn direction and head forward.

No comments: