Friday, November 28, 2008

adieu (and a follow up on it's a crap shoot)

Just off the phone with my friend Terry; who house sits for us while we travel, I exclaimed my dismay over the situation happening in Mumbai, India. Ken and I have fond memories of our visit to New Delhi in 2005-06. We were in the northern part of India when the tsunamis hit. It was a devastating day too; as I recall traveling back to meet Ken at the hotel from my residency at the Sanskriti Foundation and noticing the digital news info on a business billboard about the death toll from the floods. It shook us, and my first reaction was to return home, but as the hours passed we realized that the world resumes its natural state and you continue going about your business. The sun keeps on rising.


As we take off to the Philippines for another journey this early December, I remain peaceful about our upcoming trip. The world has seemed to take a darker turn; (has it always been this way? perhaps so.....) but ever so recently, the landscape appears to be getting bleaker. We continue to go about our lives, visit, see and experience, laugh and enjoy, all while recognizing how good we have it and with a humble heart too and as I told friends on the trails last week who I bumped into while skiing, that I thought it was a good time to travel. And yes, I still believe it is a good time to travel.

1 comment:

corinne said...

safe travels, katherine. i look forward to swapping stories and photos later this winter.

corinne