Sunday, November 16, 2008

a blogger's lull

I started to write on Friday night and then stopped because I felt I was getting ridiculously silly and low on content. However, today is Sunday, my sister's birthday, it is quiet and after much reflection I decided to take up the activity again. The other day I was perusing fellow bloggers and came across a painter's blog from Maine. She was very academic and literary; spoke about her work in such a serious fashion, I thought pretentious, out of date and bemoaned who the hell is this chick? We are suppose to contribute to vacuousness, not to serious intellectual exchanges - (I thought embarrassingly and shamefully small of my artist persona!) But the more I thought about it, the more I became convinced that I am the most current and hip and will contribute to the world of 21st century pop and whimsy. I posted pictures of color......the middle one is an abstract of the Alaskan mountains taken and cropped by Ken. This could easily be an Franz Klein painting from the sixties. Below is a picture of my chartreuse boots which every time I wear them, I get stopped and complimented on these spectacles of footwear. Am pleased to have stirred some of the public (and wish my art would provoke this type of attention) but quickly tell the inquisitor where I purchased them - if they haven't asked me first....
This is a great time of space for me; having shipped off my tapestries for my January exhibit in Juneau, prepared for our upcoming trip to the Philippines and am still in the process of pulling together my lectures for next semester which I will be teaching three classes of Art Appreciation, it is Sunday at it's best. Oh, I forgot, I am going skiing this afternoon and then making lentil soup. What a life - if it could only snow more.......

1 comment:

bikegirl said...

beautiful!
all three. Love the flowers in water and I also love the summer snowfields with their black and white simplicity. Each so different from the other.

When I look at a mountain with snow patches I usually see shapes of objects, just like I do when I look at the clouds.
So, is this one in its original position, or did you turn it on its side? just curious. hope you had a good ski.