Sunday, November 23, 2008

it's a crap shoot

While skiing today and buzzing along the trails on barely a few inches of fresh powder I suddenly found myself on the ground. I had hit a rock and took a soft tumble. Not only did it stop me abruptly but twice I went down. I promptly turned around and headed back to walk the dog which was appearing as a safe, friendly and easy thing to do. It is still very thin in places and unless you want to wreck your skis or take gymnastic tumbles, the skiing is feasible. But, yesterday I ran on the soft snow and underneath it had a dangerous edge. When are you safe? There isn't an answer. Life is a crap shoot, the rug can quickly be pulled from beneath your feet and yet we think we know this already.......

1 comment:

bikegirl said...

psst:

w i n t e r b i k i n g . . .

y e a h