Wednesday, May 27, 2009

incurable rooted uprootedness


Above is pictured a rooftop sculpture at the Metropolitan Museum in New York. Maelstrom, meaning restless and disordered, is made from welded metal and created to resemble giant roots. It filled the huge courtyard. I thought it very appropriate since I always had a restless spirit growing up along the east coast (and still possessing this energy to this day, I am afraid to admit.) On that particular day, it was a sunny and beautiful Wednesday, with little humidity, only peppered with wonderful breezes. Another scene I caught, shows the energy of the city absorbing the long forgotten sun. The mood was very high; people strolling happily with their coffee drinks, guys with loosened ties, and I got to check out the latest fashionable Grecian sandals too. More to come on the next post! I spent over ten hours on the flight back to Anchorage yesterday, and almost feel it is easier to fly to Asia. There has to be a better way to go back to my roots.........

No comments: